POSITION TITLE: Marine Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Senior Facilities Manager
SPAN OF CONTROL: Lead Utility Porters, Utility Porters
ACCESS TO: Non-sensitive areas without escort; sensitive areas with Security escort
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for overall cleanliness and sanitation of the vessel with the exception of the Food and Beverage spaces as identified. Directs marine personnel with respect to event set-up / tear-down and the cleaning / maintenance of all vessel areas. Practices the Rising Star Core Values of Commitment, Integrity and Excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise marine personnel; maintain marine scheduling.
- Process all staffing benefits requests; produce special schedules for black-out periods and holiday schedules.
- Inventory housekeeping supplies to ensure they are maintained and stored properly.
- Properly store and maintain vacuums and other housekeeping equipment.
- Interact with vendors and technical representatives of outside companies to insure the best interests of the company.
- Monitor safety equipment and OSHA requirements for cleaning chemicals.
- Assist Senior Facilities Manager in ensuring all vessel machinery is maintained in a high state of readiness and that systems are fully operational; arrange for necessary repairs when deficiencies are noted as instructed.
- Responsible for training of new and existing staff.
- Maintain a department log to record pertinent data according to departmental policy.
- Conduct routine inspections of the vessel; manage cleaning operations of the vessel.
- Assist in maintaining the vessel to company standards including the interior and exterior.
- Assist to effectively monitor and control labor and supply expenses within the departmental budget.
- Assist during drills, emergencies, and in the enforcement of all department and company policies and procedures.
- Provide service to internal and external customers which reflects the company culture of Satisfaction, Togetherness, Appreciation and Recognition. (S.T.A.R.)
- Responsible for immediately informing on-site IGC Agent on duty, Security and Supervisor on Duty of any Internal Control or State Regulation violations related to gaming activity of which you commit, witness or become aware; must report pursuant to company Self-Reporting Policy.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Experience: Previous cleaning and supervisory experience. Casino related experience preferred.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent; post-high school preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities: Able to communicate effectively; understands and complies with department, company, and government regulations; knowledge of OSHA and chemical training.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Tests Required: Indiana Occupational License - Level 3. Valid state Driver License (as assigned).
Other Specialized Requirements: None.